Something that was really bugging me was not having a knife. Although I don't get out much, I still felt like it just wasn't right not having a knife. With plans for a 3 day on the 20th of October, I thought that now was the time to finally buy one. Of course, from looking at BCUSA threads all the time, I've accumulated quite a few bookmarks of knife makers and sellers (47 in my Bookmark Folder for Knives). It didn't help that I have a small budget, so I settled for a 511. This knife is very comfortable and comes shaving sharp. I've done a few modifications on it, and I think its ready to go out with me on my next trip. I'd also been looking at a Maxpedition RolyPoly, so I bought one of those, and some 200' Para cord. I plan on using the RolyPoly as a Pouch to keep on my belt that I can use when Foraging or collecting tinder. Reviews of the 511 and RolyPoly will be written after my trip once I've used them more.
Picture of the guard on it before I trimmed it down.
After Modifying
Its pretty sharp!
Doughnut I made out of 100' Para cord. More about it
-here-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.