Thursday, August 11, 2011

TrailNote: A Free Internet Based Notification System

As Outdoors men, we know that one wrong step or mistake can get yourself into a lot of trouble.  I've found this free site called TrailNote.  Basically it is a place online for you to store your trip details, including your departure and arrival time.  Don't worry about coming in right on time, because TrailNote is designed so you can set the number of hours after the expected arrival time until it will alert your contacts.  When you create an account you will enter who your contacts are.  These people will be able to be contacted via Text or Email.  Luckily I haven't had to test out the notification response, but I will tell you that setting up your TrailNoteID is fast and simple.  I don't think I'll be using this for those lazy day trips though, because we all know how those can get stretched out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.