| The handle turned out to be a bit small for the eye of the hatchet, and the metal wedge went in badly. I guess I'll have to replace it in the future... |
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Plumb Boy Scout Hatchet Restoration
A while ago I had the desire to buy my first hatchet. Knowing that the GB's and Wetterling's hatchets were too expensive, I decided to restore my own. I set out to find hatchet heads on Ebay and found a Plumb BS Hatchet head for $11.98. I then browsed the threads on BCUSA and found Gaga, who I later pm'd about handles. After all the help from Gaga I ordered a 14" Hickory handle for $3.50. After I waited what felt like months, the mailman finally came to my door with packages. After inspecting my purchases I noticed that the Hatchet head still had pieces of the handle epoxied on the inside, so I went to it with my blowtorch. Once this was done I could finally start(or finish??) my project. To my surprise and disappointment, the project only took 10 minutes. I guess I'll have to take on a bigger project in the future.
-RFB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.