Monday, September 20, 2010

SnugPak Rocket Pack 'Rockets' Homemade Yoke System

In between studying and writing a paper for civics class, I decided I needed a break, so I surfed BCUSA, read some pack-mod posts, and decided that was what I was going to do today.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the pack, you can unzip the rockets off the main pack and zip them together to form a nice day pack.  First I set to finding some straps I could use.  The victim was an old HP laptop bag with a broken zipper. I first stuffed the straps with some cotton/synthetic filling. Next I cut the straps off, and super glued a flap down at the top and bottom so I could thread superglue through it.  Then I stitched that for added strength.  All that was left to do was cut strips of paracord to tie the straps  to the pack(I will find a nicer way to attach them in the future).  Total build time was 10 minutes.  Not a bad break.



-RFB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.